Monday, 5:00pm — CSE 407
Subscribe to the calendar: iCal
or Google Calendar
We meet a few times a year (whenever there’s a fifth Monday) at 5pm in the PLSE lab to watch movies together!
Add your suggestions for movies here.
- Ghost Dog (1999), a movie near and dear to Steven’s heart.
- Waking Ned Devine (1998), a heartwarming comedy about an Irish village
- The Big Lebowski (1998), the Dude abides
- Fireworks (1997), a Takeshi Kitano film about the fates of two police officers after a botched sting operation
- Deathtrap (1982), a very tightly-plotted murder mystery
- The Driver (1978), a highly stylized crime film sometimes described as an American take on Le Samouraï (1967)
- Star Wars (1977), an obscure science fantasy movie about the last member of a fringe religious sect brainwashing his much younger neighbor and causing a large amount of property damage
- The Conversation (1974), a surveillance drama from the analog days
- Branded to Kill (1967), a surreal gangster film by Seijun Suzuki about an assassin who seeks the title of “Number One”
- The Apartment (1960), a dark comedy about climbing the corporate ladder